SEMA has announced that the 2023 SEMA Show will feature a fully customisable hands-on educational programme focused on leadership and skill development, networking, exploration of emerging trends, and industry best practices. According to SEMA, attendees will be able to use this year’s presentations to create a comprehensive year-long educational programme.
“We want to support our attendees by offering a customisable learning journey for skill development and competency-based education inclusive of the show and throughout the rest of the year,” said Pamela Brown-Matthis, SEMA Director of Education. “Our goal is to engage showgoers by creating high-energy learning situations throughout the show environment, and creating educational opportunities that are delivered in various formats, whether they be ‘fireside chats’, workshops, main stage experiences, or celebrity showcases.”
This year’s programme will feature globally recognised speakers and industry leaders, as well as an EV certification programme offering hands-on training to automotive technicians wanting to increase their understanding of EV anatomy, powertrains, and electrical theory. Attendees who complete the programme will receive an EV101 certificate from Legacy EV.
“We have been very intentional about selecting our sessions and speakers this year,” said Brown-Matthis. “All of our speakers are subject-matter experts and industry leaders who have the knowledge and ability to inspire change, and our sessions offer content that is relevant, meaningful, and valuable for all our show participants.”
SEMA Show education programme highlights:
- 99 sessions by subject matter experts, beginning on the afternoon of 30 October to provide wider access to education
- Six highly focused SEMA Education tracks: Inside the Shop, Aftermarket Updates and Future Trends, Small-Business Strategy, Sales and Marketing, Vehicle Technology and Electric Vehicles, Legal and Regulatory
- Women in Automotive Symposium, including a Micro Learning Lab Experience consisting of four professional-development workshops, keynotes, power networking luncheon and a C-Suite Insights panel
- Dale Carnegie Leadership Essentials programme: a six-part series by executive coaches from the Dale Carnegie Program designed to enhance leadership skills
- Education sessions from I-CAR, Society of Collision Repair Specialists (SCRS), and the Tire Industry Association (TIA).
Access to most educational programmes is included in attendee registration.
The 2023 SEMA Show will take place from 31 October to 3 November at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Nevada, USA.