With the recent release of its 2017 Corporate Sustainability Report, PPG has detailed its continued progress in strengthening its sustainable operations in 2017, as well as launching new, aggressive sustainability goals it aims to achieve by 2025.
“PPG’s sustainability efforts go beyond product innovations to extend to our customers’ operations and the communities in which we operate,” said Mark Cancilla, PPG Vice President, Environment, Health & Safety. “We are encouraged by our progress in 2017 and excited about our new goals, which are representative of the challenges and opportunities of our current business portfolio.”
- 32 per cent of sales from products that provide customers with a sustainable advantage – an increase of 60 per cent since 2012. This includes unveiling multiple products that provide a sustainable solution, such as Sigma Air Pure, a “revolutionary” bio-based product that protects indoor air quality
- 15 per cent reduction in waste since 2012
- 46 per cent reduction in greenhouse gas emissions intensity since 2012
- 0.29 rate of injury and illness, a 6.5 per cent reduction from 2016
- Implementation of employee wellness programs at 70 per cent of locations with 50 or more employees
- $10.5 million invested in hundreds of community organisations across 29 countries
The report is available at www.sustainability.ppg.com.