Axalta Coating Systems is offering an I-CAR approved leadership course nationally, designed for body shop owners, managers and team leaders to develop the skill set to become successful leaders within a team and business.
Named simply the Leadership Course, participants will walk away with an in-depth understanding of how to differentiate leadership from management, motivate and develop staff, build a positive working culture and create the next generation of leaders that will ultimately translate into happier, more effective staff and a strong business model.
Running a body shop requires leadership at all levels of management. Axalta Services says it understands the importance of this and the impact it can have on a body shop’s business sustainability. This led the team at Axalta to develop a leadership course that focuses on providing the right techniques to lead a team effectively and efficiently. The course targets:
- Understanding the differences between leadership and management
- Developing and motivating body shop staff to improve performance, retention and conflict resolution, whilst creating a positive and meaningful culture
- Identifying the right management style for the business
The programme will show attendees how to effectively communicate, build and sustain better teams, create a positive culture in the business and keep staff engaged for the long term. Axalta says strategies designed to keep and develop staff have never been more critical as the pool of people from which to draw upon is dwindling at an alarming rate.
The I-CAR certified leadership course is taught using a highly interactive guided learning model to keep attendees engaged in the learning process. Numerous concepts will be available, including:
- Identifying the task or functions critical to becoming a successful leader
- Increasing retention and reducing absenteeism
- Providing opportunities to network with other business leaders
- Providing techniques to establish and improve employee engagement
Axalta’s Training Alliance with I-CAR means that upon the completion of the leadership course, an attendee will be awarded credit hours that can be applied towards the I-CAR Gold Class Professionals and Platinum Individual designations, or be used to meet role‑relevant annual training requirements. The training dates in 2018 are:
- South Australia – 22 August
- Queensland – 29 August
- New South Wales – 25 September
- Western Australia – 10 October
- Victoria – 5 December
Full details on Axalta Services and the latest courses available can be found at www.axalta.com.au/AxaltaServices.